Descriptive Reflection : Self - Introduction Letter Draft 2

 Subject : Formal Inductory Letter

Dear Professor Brad Blackstone,

    I hope you are doing well. Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Mohamed Asyraf, Student ID: 2201298, a student in your critical thinking and communicating module. Previously, I graduated from Nanyang Polytechnic with a diploma in aerospace systems and management. Currently, I am pursuing my degree in mechanical design and manufacturing engineering at Singapore Institute of Technology. 

    I am writing this email to you to introduce myself and some of my traits and goals for this module. Seeing my father troubleshooting his spoilt game boy with a soldering iron made me curious and gain interest in engineering. As time goes by, I realise that I was doing well in mathematics and physics compared to other subjects, which eventually grew my interest in engineering even more.

    One communication strength is that I am an active listener. I pay attention to the speaker and ask clarifying questions to demonstrate interest and understand the speaker better. During my National Service, I had to check on my trainees individually to get feedback on the training. One communication weakness I often face is a lack of confidence. Since young, I was not doing well in my language. Therefore I tend to get nervous and stutter during presentations or communication with a large group of audience. 

    My two specific goals I hope to achieve in this module are developing my confidence and to be an eloquent speaker. I believe by achieving these two goals I have, I can communicate effectively and lead my team to success under my guidance. 

    What differentiates me from others is that I am not afraid to start and carry an informal conversation with strangers to make the setting less awkward. With this trait, I have made plenty of friends throughout my life journey and also learned from them. 

    To summarize, I look forward to enhance and improve on my communication skills under your guidance and completing this module with a good grade.

Best regards,

Mohamed Asyraf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Descriptive Reflection : Self - Introduction Letter

The importance of Communication Skills