Critical Reflection

"The two specific goals I hope to achieve in this module are developing my confidence and to be an eloquent speaker. I believe by achieving these two goals I have, I can communicate effectively and lead my team to success under my guidance. "

These were the goals I set at the start of the module. Now that I am approaching the end of the trimester, I feel a deep sense of appreciation and gratitude for the valuable teachings imparted by Professor Brad Blackstone. The knowledge I have gained from these lessons is so profound that it fills me with a sense of sorrow to acknowledge the conclusion of the module.

In this module, I acquired the ability to deliver effective presentations to an audience, regardless of its size. While my audience may have been small, I am confident that the skills I have developed will prepare me for future presentations to larger groups. Specifically, I learned how to confidently stand and deliver key points, as well as maintaining eye contact with my audience. I believe that these newfound skills will prove invaluable in my future workplace, as they will help me leave a positive and lasting impression on my supervisors and clients. Moreover, this module also revealed an area in which I am weak: writing reports or summaries. While I previously believed that I was doing fine in this area, this module taught me the correct techniques to do so effectively. I understand that this skill will be crucial in my future professional endeavors, as it involves presenting my work in a polished and professional manner. Whether I am representing my company at meetings or briefings, I must be able to convey my understanding. Although I have learned these skills through the module, I recognize that it is essential to continuously practice and refine them.

One focus of my research project is working with strangers. We did not have the opportunity to choose who we want to work with as we were picked by 4-5 team leaders. Working with strangers on a project can be an opportunity for growth, learning, and developing important teamwork skills. Initially, it may seem daunting to work with individuals with different backgrounds, work styles, and personalities can be intimidating at first. As time goes by, we grew acquainted with one another and learned to navigate differences in communication styles, and found ways to effectively collaborate with each other. It is a valuable experience to learn how to effectively communicate and work towards a common goal with people outside of our usual social circle. With different people comes different perspectives, ideas, and approaches. It is important to be open-minded and willing to adapt to new ways of thinking and working. This can help to build resilience and flexibility, which are valuable qualities in any workplace.

I want to take a moment to express my sincerest gratitude towards you, Prof Brad, for teaching this module. Your dedication, expertise, and passion for the UCS module matter have truly made a difference in my learning experience. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us and for going above and beyond to ensure our success. Your impact will be felt long after this module ends, and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to learn from you.

Comments

  1. Thank you, Asyraf, for all your hard work throughout the module and for the effective sharing in this detailed reflection. I also appreciate the accolades :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Descriptive Reflection : Self - Introduction Letter

Descriptive Reflection : Self - Introduction Letter Draft 2

The importance of Communication Skills